Frequently Asked Questions
- For our dog guests, we require:
- Rabies – administered very 3 years (first vaccine is for 1 year).
- Distemper/Parvo combo (DAPP) – administered annually.
- Bordetella – administered every 6 months.
And we highly recommend:
- Canine Influenza for dogs who lodge or travel on a frequent basis.
For our cat guests, we require:
- Rabies – administered annually.
- FVRCP – administered annually.
- FELV – administered annually.
We offer a basic bath and a deluxe bath. We also have a self-service dog wash station complete with everything you need to bathe your dog.
Our day care manager will meet with you and your dog privately to review the enrollment application as well as your dog’s vaccination records. We’ll also address any questions or concerns you may have and give you a tour of our facility. Your dog will be in the care of one of our day care staff while you tour the facility. After your tour, your dog remain with us for their evaluation which is a 2-3 hour-long process. We do this in a friendly, loving and playful manner which puts your dog at ease and makes it fun. We consider your dog’s age, breed, interests, exercise level and play style as we assess their behavior and temperament. Your dog will also be carefully introduced to one or two other dogs that match his or her age, size and play style. The dogs are closely supervised during the play group “trial run”.
Upon your return, we’ll provide you with valuable feedback on your dog’s behavior and temperament. We’ll also discuss your dog’s interaction with our staff and with other dogs. The results of your dog’s evaluation will help us determine whether a small play group or some other day care option is right for your dog.
We base our prices on the size of the dog: small, medium or large.
You must complete our enrollment application, and dog must be current on the Rabies, DAPP, and Bordetella vaccines. Your dog must also be at least 16 weeks of age.
- Promotes emotional, mental and physical well-being through exercise, play and socialization.
- Helps prevent destructive behavior stemming from boredom and loneliness.
- Reinforces good socialization skills so you and your dog are more comfortable in public settings.
- Relieves separation anxiety.
- Familiarizes your dog to Good Dog Pet Ranch which makes their lodging experience more enjoyable and less stressful.